EDUC-6145: Week 4 Blog

 Project Management Tools 


Forecast

 

            This is a web-based platform that merges projects, resources, and financials all in one place.  I love that the site has an auto-scheduling feature and that it integrates with other apps like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, Outlook, and so many more! Forecast also has automated cost and budget estimations and can analyze the differences between profitable and submarginal projects to relay how different project roles might affect outcomes. 

            The cost of forecast is $25/user/month with a minimum of 10 users. 


MeisterTask

 

            This web-based project management tool helps organize and maintain tasks in a Kanban-style project board. I love that this platform has a free version for entry-level users. I also like that MeisterTask allows for synchronous and asynchronous communication within a team of people, allowing for commenting, tagging, and assigning work within the platform so communication is streamlined and accessible from desktop or app. 

            The cost of MeisterTask is $8.25/user/month but also offers a very generous free version. 

Comments